The 10 Best Herbal Teas for Stress Relief, Brain Health, and More
Do you enjoy an energizing cup of green tea in the morning or a calming cup of chamomile before bed? Tea is more than just a refreshing beverage; it may also provide a slew of health benefits. People have used herbal teas for thousands of years to improve their health as it helps you sleep better by reducing stress and anxiety.
They also have different effects on different people due to differences in stress levels and taste buds. It may take a few tries to find the right tea for you, or you can keep a variety of teas in your pantry to meet your needs and tastes. Some herbs can have a significant impact on our stress levels, mental and physical health.
This list of 10 herbal teas will help you to choose the best tea as per your preference.
- Chamomile Tea - This small daisy flower is known as the Queen of Calm and has been used for thousands of years to help ease anxiety and stress. Apigenin is one of the active ingredients in chamomile and has been linked to stress reversal, memory repair, and antidepressant activity.
- Lavender Tea - Lavender tea has the potential to improve both your digestive and mental health. Its extracts have been used in aromatherapy to promote relaxation. It also helps you relax and sleep better, soothe an upset stomach, and improve your mood.
- Lemon Balm Tea - Lemon balm has been used to relieve stress for thousands of years. Lemon balm is available in the form of capsules, tablets, creams, and tea. It helps to reduce stress and improve cognitive function in young adults.
- Passionflower Tea - Passionflower makes a calming tea that is widely brewed to calm a racing mind and aid in getting a good night's sleep.
- Rosemary Tea - Rosemary is a popular herb used in cooking and perfumes. One of its lesser-known applications is as a herbal tea. Research has shown that regularly consuming rosemary tea can help protect against Alzheimer’s disease.
- Valerian Tea - Valerian has been used as a mild sedative. It is also beneficial for menopausal cramps and hot flashes. And relieve gastrointestinal spasms and muscle aches too.
- Jasmine Tea - The scent of jasmine has a calming effect on many tea drinkers, making it an excellent tea to drink before bed. Compounds in jasmine activate the neurotransmitter GABA, assisting in the relaxation of the nervous system and the relief of anxiety.
- Oat Straw Tea - Oat straw tea is made from the oat plant's stems, seeds, and flowers. Its extract has been used in traditional medicine for centuries to help relax, boost mood, and reduce fatigue.
- Rose Tea - Relaxing at that time of the month can be difficult, but rose tea may provide some relief. Rose tea was found to help reduce menstrual pain and anxiety in 130 female adolescents with primary dysmenorrhea. Other compounds in rose tea may also help lower the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease.
- Green Tea - Green tea is one of the most popular beverages. It's high in phytochemicals, which are plant compounds that promote overall health. Other than that, it also helps to energize the central nervous system, protect against cardiovascular and neurological diseases.
Herbal teas are an excellent addition to any self-care routine. And maybe you'll soon enjoy opening your tea cabinet, pulling out your favourite mug, and sinking into a comfortable chair for a few minutes of well-deserved self-care.
- 0 Comments
Notice: Undefined index: name_mobile in /home/pivopen/public_html/harippa.in/catalog/view/theme/default/template/mpblog/blog.tpl on line 245